A secret hideaway, nicely positioned between the forest, grassland and ocean in KwaZulu Natal, South Africa – Little Gugs has various Maputaland experiences for guests to enjoy. The incredible thing about this secret hideaway is that guests can explore the area at their own pace.
The camp has just four rooms, each with amazing views. Little Gugs is the tropical retreat you have always wanted. Not so far from Gugulesizwe Camp, Little Gugs is run separately so guests can enjoy their privacy, intimacy and peace. The shaded braai area is ideal for relaxed coastal evenings under the date palms, as the stars come out and your day is touched by tropical magic.
Accommodation options at Little Gugs
Little Gugs Large RoomgroupMin 1 guest - max guestscottage2
Little Gugs’s Tented Room is designed to feel homely whilst still giving guests the feeling of camping, surrounded by the peacefull sounds of nature. The room h…
from R 2130 / Per person per night sharing
R1750 Low Seasonenquire
Little Gugs XL RoomgroupMin 1 guest - max guestscottage2
The Family Room is a wonderful take on a beachside villa. Whilst not turning its back on the aesthetic of the “back to nature” style of all the other rooms, the…
from R 2530 / Per person per night sharing
R2120 Low Seasonenquire
The Rates Include:
- All accommodation on a shared basis;
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner (excludes drinks except tea and instant coffee. Little Gugs try their best to focus on conservation and provide sustainable, plant-based organic meals).
- Use of safe and secure parking (4×4’s in camp and 2×4’s at our safe Manguzi parking lot, in town).
- Service of the camp by lodge guides, housekeeping staff, bartenders, hosts and chefs.
- Access to walks around camp.
- The applicable Tourism Levies and all relevant Value Added Tax (VAT).
The Rates Exclude:
- All drinks;
- Excursions and transfers;
- Park fees, entrance fees, porterage, tours/excursions;
- Cancellation, baggage and medical insurance;
- Staff gratuities;
- Any new Government Taxes, levies, fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control.
How to get there
King Shaka International Airport
KwaMpukane Maputaland, Manguzi, 3973
Check in at Little Gugs
12:00 on day of arrival
Check out at Little Gugs
10:00 on day of departure
I Could Stay Longer
I stayed for two weeks and I could have easily stayed two more months. Management was very welcoming and helpful.
The vegetarian food was great and plentiful. We enjoyed our time at the pool too!
Little Gugs impact highlights
The ultimate goal with Little Gugs & Gugulusizwe is contribute to a sense of community. Big Skies partners with local communities to ensure shared benefit. They are guided by a desire to offer sustainable ecotourism opportunities experiences and create moments that make deep impressions while treading lightly on the Maputaland ecosystem. They're conscious that our impact must always be a positive one. That’s why they focus on plant-based cuisine, renewable energy, and a level of comfort that’s entirely in keeping with their setting.